FOR FIRST 24 HOURS
NO SUN : TANNING & DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE
NO SOAKS : SWIMMING & BATHING
NO SWEAT : EXERCISE & RUNNING
NO SEX : AFTER A BIKINI WAX
Face : 2 – 4 weeks
Underarms : 2 – 4 weeks
Bikini : 3 – 6 weeks
Legs & Arms : 4 – 6 weeks
Chest & Back : 4 – 6 weeks
Brow Tinting : 3 – 6 weeks
You will get the best waxing results by waxing regularly. On average I recommend clients to reschedule their appointments between three to six weeks. Exfoliating and moisturizing is the key to healthy skin and ingrown hair prevention. After a wax service you should allow your skin to rest for at least 24 hours. Avoid touching the area that has just been waxed [especially the face] to help prevent blemishes, bumps, and irritations.
- Gently exfoliate with gloves, daily, starting at least 3 days after a wax. Lather with a natural soap in shower, for good slip.
- Apply Finipil to irritated area daily, after shower, starting on first day of a wax. Can be applied twice a day as needed.
still having ingrowns?
- After a workout session, make sure to shower and change into clean, dry and breathable clothes. Finipil can be reapplied after another shower.
- Avoid lace panties and use cotton instead, make sure panties are not too tight.
- Avoid rough scrubs such as salt or sugar scrubs.
- Try cleansing skin after shower or after a workout with Lavender Water or Witch Hazel (no alcohol), then apply Finipil.
- Try exfoliating less, or taking a break altogether.
- Exfoliate with gloves, starting at least 2 days after a wax :
- Wet in shower, with natural soap for good lather and slip OR dry with no product, on dry skin.
- Apply Finipil to irritated area, daily, starting on first day of a wax.
still having ingrowns?
- Avoid tight pants such as yoga pants, skinny jeans, etc…
- Moisturize your skin with Finipil, non-comedogenic & unscented products.
- Try a rougher scrub such as a salt or sugar scrub, starting at least 5 days after a wax. Moisturize after, if scrub doesn’t have oils in it.
- Make sure exfoliating gloves have a chance to dry completely. Wring out after using, and hang to dry, or lay flat on dry towel.
- Exfoliating gloves can get washed in laundry. I recommend putting in a lingerie mesh bag for both wash and dry cycles.
- Replace gloves as needed. I recommend every new season : Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall.
- Use a natural bar soap with ingredients you can understand, and little to no fragrance. Avoid body washes.
- 15-20 minute salt bath soaks, starting at least 3 days after your wax. Salt baths help to detoxify the skin.
- No picking, pinching, extracting, or tweezing ingrown hairs.
- Avoid excess touching of irritated skin, bacteria from fingers can cause extra irritations.
- Try to not stress about skin irritation too much. Think positive thoughts about your skin, with the knowledge that our skin wants to heal. We have so many different hair follicles, and in areas where the hair is thick and our skin is more delicate (bikini), ingrown hairs can happen. With regular waxing, hairs will become thinner and more sparse, resulting in happier skin.
Questions? Contact me anytime!
WAX by Danielle LLC : 1106 Harris Avenue Suite 102 : Bellingham, WA 98225 : 360 . 739 . 7895